The accordion is not simply an instrument: it’s mainly a path of personal and artistic growth. Accordion Craft Academy aims at enhancing and enriching this experience like never before. Every accordion is a complex and precious work of art. But its complexity makes it a delicate instrument, hard to maintain and even harder to fix.
Things get troublesome when your accordion suffers some kind of damage, and even more if a performance is upon you. You will likely be forced to make do and play a damaged instrument or that of another person, or to cancel the performance altogether.
Plus, only a few qualified repairing centers from accordion exist worldwide, the large majority of them being in Italy. Thus the need to part from your instrument and have it shipped very far, for very long (weeks, sometimes months).
Accordion Craft Academy has created a learning route for Accordion Repairers that will make it possible for every pupil to know what to do and to personally take care of their instrument. Any pre-existing musical study will be augmented and completed by the know-how and the deep knowledge of how the instrument really works.
Plus, you won’t need to part from your beloved accordion and have someone else take care of it.
In addition to our Courses for Accordion Repairers, Accordion Craft Academy aims at creating futher learning routes to teach how to build an accordion from scratch, so that pupils can learn the fascinating art of putting together such a magnificent instrument with their own hands.
Courses for Accordion Repairers
Courses take place Calstefidardo, Italy, in a dedicated structure located in via Giuseppe Mazzini 11, at the Palazzo delle Esposizioni (‘Expo Palace‘), home to the Victoria Accordions gallery and to the World’s Largest Playable Accordion (built by Giancarlo Francenella and awarded by Guinness World Records).
We have designed a 3-tier learning route, each course covering one tier.
• Cleaning your accordion
• The function of registers
• Keyboard check and felts replacement
• Bellow tape check and replacement
• Reeds and reed blocks check
• Reeds and ventils replacement
• Bellow holder and left hand belt check and replacement (beginner)
• Tweaking celluloid parts
• Bellow rubber replacement (beginner)
• First level tuning
• Left and right hand registers check
• Keyboard check, springs and axes replacement
• Mechanism check and cleaning
• Pad replacement
• Bellow leather-protection check and replacement
• Reed tongs check and replacement
• Bellow holder and left hand belt check and replacement (intermediate)
• Repairing celluloid parts
• Bellow rubber replacement (intermediate)
• Second level tuning
• Left and right hand registers replacement
• Keyboard check and keys replacement
• Mechanism check and main replacement
• Bellow check and replacement
• Reeds and reed blocks replacement
• Bellow holder and left hand belt check and replacement (advanced)
• Celluloid parts replacement
• Bellow rubber replacement (advanced)
• Third level tuning
Scheduled Events of the Course for Accordion Repairers